Efficient. Powerful. Dependable.
Vonacom has emerged as one of the leading solutions and services providers for next generation virtualized storage platforms, garnering a strong reputation within the industry for delivering best-in-class service and solutions. At Vonacom, we understand that your company’s critical data is its most valuable asset. That’s why a secure, dependable, and efficient data migration is one of the most critical aspects of your project.
Vonacom will provide a custom data migration service based upon your unique mix of application data sets and application/server-specific maintenance window requirements. Our unparalleled expertise and experience with EqualLogic, Compellent, EMC, Nexsan, and others makes us the best partner for your IT department.
Vonacom engineers support a range of migration types, including:
- Physical-to-Virtual Migration (P2V)
- Virtual-to-Virtual Migration (V2V)
- SAN Fabric- and Controller-based Mirroring
- Host-based Volume and File Migration
The Vonacom Data Migration Checklist:
- Identify datasets to be migrated
- Understand characteristics of each dataset
- Map migration datasets to applications
- Define uptime requirements for each application
- Create migration plan based upon requirements
- Test each migration tool or mechanism in migration plan
- Where needed, train in-house staff on migration processes
- Execute migration plan
- Verify successful migration of each dataset
Storage Virtualization: What you need to know
The most significant advances in storage technology in recent years have all been the result of virtualization. If you have not yet fully-virtualized your storage subsystem, you’re running your applications on legacy technology from the last decade. By engaging Vonacom to assist your migration to a fully-virtualized storage subsystem, you will:
- Increase resource utilization and reduce management overhead.
- Be able to perform proactive, non-disruptive storage migration.
- Eliminate virtual machine storage I/O bottlenecks and free up valuable storage capacity.
- Simplify the provisioning of virtual machines and monitoring of the storage environment.
- Over commit shared storage, reducing the amount of storage that is allocated but unused.
- Rapidly and intelligently provision VMs based on SLA requirements and storage capabilities.
- Prioritize I/O using familiar constructs of shares and limits which exist for CPU and memory.
- Easily integrate Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions for backup and Disaster Recovery.